After graduating with an undergraduate degree in Music Engineering Technology and a Master in Music degree from Ball State University, Jeff worked as a freelance engineer at Gaither Studios, Alexandra, IN. Jeff returned to Ball State to work as the Audio/Digital System’s Engineer for the School of Music. He worked closely with architects, administration, faculty and audio integrators in the facility design, equipment choice, and system integration of Ball State’s eleven studios for music technology in the new Music Instruction Building. Currently, Jeff teaches recording techniques, analog electronics, and studio maintenance as part of Ball State’s undergraduate music technology curriculum. In between his system engineering and teaching responsibilities, Jeff engineers a few independent recording projects a year.
Recent projects include:
- Summer 2010: Dialog, Sound Design, Re-Recording Mixer for full length Documentary,Changing Gears (produced by Ball State University).
- Spring 2010: Sound Design, Re-Recording Mixer, Foley Artist/Recordist for independent film, My Bloody Wedding (produced by Clothespin Films).
- Fall 2009: Dialog, Sound, Foley Editor, Re-Recording Mixer, Foley Artist/Recordist, Music Editor for independent film, My Name Is Jerry (produced by Clothespin Films and Ball State University.
- Summer 2009: Narration Recordist for independent film, Alpha and the Mega (produced by Clothespin Films).
- Summer 2009: Record, Edit and Mastering Engineer for album, Silvered Lute, Mei Zhong, North Pacific Music.
- Spring 2009: Record, Edit and Mastering Engineer for album, Traditional and Modern Chinese Art Songs, Mei Zhong, Leyerle Publications.
- Spring 2009: Recording Assistant for album, Jackie Allen, Live with the Muncie Symphony Orchestra. Avant Bass.
Audio-post projects listed on the Internet Movie Database
As a professional French Horn player, Jeff has performed with Anderson Symphony Orchestra, Kokomo Symphony Orchestra, Manchester Symphony Orchestra, Marion Symphony Orchestra, Muncie Symphony Orchestra, and America’s Hometown Band.
Audio/Digital Systems Engineer — Ball State University, September 1997-present
- Perform duties related to the maintenance, repair, and design of audio, video and computer/network systems in the Music Technology Studios (including Central Recording Services) and audio systems in the School of Music (including University Singers);Perform duties related to the day-to-day operation of the Music Technology studios (including studio management, system integration analysis, equipment evaluations, and budgetary analysis);Teach courses as requested (recording workshop, studio maintenance).
Tech Crew Leader – Volunteer – The Bridge Community Church Muncie, January 2012 – present
- Weekly coordination of church members to transport, setup and operate equipment for sound, lights, and media. Serve in technical positions for sound reinforcement, lighting, and/or computer operation.
- Serve as the Webmaster and VP of Communications. The history of the community band in Muncie goes back to the 1870′s with the Lockwood Band. The present band, formed in 1985, is the latest in a rich legacy of providing this musical public service. http://www.amhometownband.org
2009 SynAudCon Core Principles of Audio Seminar
2009 SynAudCon Sound Reinforcement for Technicians Seminar
Pro Tools HD9 Operator Music, Avid Technology, Inc., December 2011
Audio Engineering Society, Full Member
Ball State University, Master of Music, 1997
Ball State University, B.M., Music Engineering Technology, 1995